Sauti Ya Mwananchi Radio went on air in late September, the year 2007. Sauti ya Mwanachi radio is located in the suburb of the agricultural town of Nakuru i.e. Heshima Estate as its main broadcasting site. We are received on frequency modulation (FM) 100.9 MHZ.
Sauti Ya Mwananchi which went on air September 2007 broadcasts its programmes in Kiswahili language.
Objectives – To enlighten common Mwananchi on the current issues plus airing their forgotten issues.
Vision – Transforming our cosmopolitan society socially economically and politically.
Mission – is to give Mwananchi a voice and helping fight corruption, tribalism, and human rights, highlighting development issues and bringing unity among tribes.
Values – Respect to all, service to all, an ear to common Mwananchi and voice to voiceless.
- Sauti Ya Mwananchi Radio broadcasts mainly on Kiswahili and a little bit of English translated to a ratio of 95:5 on a 140 km /square with a listeners Base of approximately 4.5 million people.
- Our main language of broadcast is Swahili, which has enabled it to curve out the clientele from all walks of life, and that makes us the most established FM station in the region.
- We play music from all the ethnic groups in Kenya which makes Sauti ya Mwananchi radio accommodate all listener groups. Our programming starts at 5:00am daily.
We are specifically heard on frequency modulation (FM) 100.9 MHZ
We are fully received in the following Counties; Nakuru, Laikipia, Nyandarua, Narok, Baringo and Elgeyo Marakwet. Also in parts of Uasin-gishu, Kiambu, Turkana, and Kericho. We are in the process of expanding our coverage in other counties.
- (NAKURU)- Nakuru town, Kiamunyi, Naivasha, Gilgil, Kiambogo, Ihindu, Molo, Turi, Elburgon, Mau Narok, Burnt Forest, Njoro, Lower Subukia,Upper Subukia, Kiboronjo, Solai, Kabazi, Bahati, Rongai, Kampi ya moto.
- (LAIKIPIA) – Nanyuki, Ng’arua, Naru-moru, Maralal, Rumuruti Timau, Laikipia West, Laikipia East, Doldol.
- (MARAKWET) – Iten, Kipkabus, Kerio Valley, East Pokot.
- (NYANDARUA) -Nyandarua North, Nyandarua South, Ol-Kalau, Kinangop, Nyahururu, Shamata, Ol- Jororok, Olkalou, Kipipiri, Ndaragwa, Dundori, Kamahia, Engineer, Murungaru, Njabini, Magumu,Wanjohi, Geta.
- (NAROK)- Loita, Mulot, Olokurto, Ntulele, Dikir.
- (BARINGO) Marigat, Mogotio, Eldamaravine, Sacho, Tambach, Kabarnet, Kabartonjo, Kiserian, Kambi Samaki, Loruk, Chemolingot, Ng’ambo, Salabani,Nginyang, Koriema, Kimalel.
- Others Limuru, Kinungi, Isiolo,Nyamira.